You may be wondering why you need an ultrasound. After all, isn’t a positive pregnancy test enough? It isn’t. A positive pregnancy test is only an indication of pregnancy. You need confirmation, and an ultrasound can give you that information.
3 Reasons You Need An Ultrasound
There are three fundamental questions that only an ultrasound can answer.
- Is your pregnancy viable (growing with a detectable heartbeat)? The National Institutes of Health estimates that as many as 26% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. You need an ultrasound to determine if your pregnancy is viable or if you’ve miscarried.
- How far along is your pregnancy? The date you became pregnant determines your due date and your pregnancy options. An ultrasound can closely determine the length of your pregnancy (gestational age).
- Where is the pregnancy located? Some pregnancies form outside the uterus. This is known as an ectopic pregnancy. They are extremely dangerous, and although rare, you need to verify the location of your pregnancy.
Make an appointment for a no-cost pregnancy test today. If it’s positive, a nurse will estimate how far along you are based on the date of your last period and assess if an ultrasound can be performed.
Make An Informed Decision
If you’re considering abortion, it’s essential to have an ultrasound before you decide. An ultrasound will tell you how many weeks pregnant you are, which determines the type of abortion available to you.
To make a confident decision about your pregnancy, you need the following information:
- Confirmed clinical pregnancy testing from Alpha Women’s Resource Center
- A limited obstetrical ultrasound
- Gestational age determination
- Complete pregnancy options education
We’re Here To Give You The Information You Need
You have options, and our client advocates can provide no-cost and confidential consultations and educational support.
We recognize every individual is different and has different needs. Set up a free appointment to talk with us. We want to listen to your concerns and show you the options available.